Help and support
There are many help resources available for KeeFox users; Please explore them in the following order:
- Complete the basic tutorialThe first few parts of the tutorial will help ensure your KeeFox setup is working correctly (including troubleshooting tips on the first page of the tutorial).
- Troubleshoot problemsProblems already? Please read the troubleshooting tips on the first page of the getting started tutorial. If that doesn't help, there is a lot more advice in the troubleshooting section of the manual.
- Read the extra tips at the end of the tutorialThe final tutorial page highlights some of the most frequently overlooked features and provides an example of how they can be used.
- Read or search the manualThe manual is constantly being updated. It is a good starting point once you have understood the basic issues in the tutorials above.
- Search the forumThere are hundreds of support questions on the forum so issues that have not been addressed in the manual are likely to have been already raised in the forum.
- Ask for help on the forumKeeFox is a free application developed and supported for the most part by one developer in their spare time. Therefore, we are not always able to provide detailed and timely help to every user. Posting on the support forum should only be considered after looking for the solution to your question in the locations above but we will try to help you as soon as we can. Thank you for your understanding.
If you need help with a sensitive topic that shouldn't be discussed in public (such as the discovery of a potential security flaw) you can contact me directly. You'll have to work out how to do that with a little research. My identity is not a secret and there are many easy ways to get in touch but I've had to remove the instant contact form from this site because more than 99% of emails I received should have instead been directed at a public forum.
Hint: your suggestion or question is probably best put on the public forum or github so you should spend time logging in to one of those services rather than trying to get in touch in private. Apologies in advance to the rare people that need to take an extra step to contact me with a private message. Maybe start with a PM in the forum, Google+, etc.?
Helping KeeFox: If you find that your problem is not easily solved using the resources already available (e.g. you needed to ask for help on the forum or spend a long time trying different ways to solve the problem) please add some useful information to the manual so that others can solve similar problems more quickly in future.
The KeeFox website has been given a little makeover. Read more about it here.