Benefits and features
- Free and open source (why is this good?)
- Automatic form filling
- Instant log-in to your KeePass password entries straight from Firefox
- One-click save button to add new logins to KeePass automatically
- Unobtrusive – KeeFox’s default settings are designed to ensure that you notice it when you need to but it won’t get in your way when you don’t want it to. There are options that will allow you to push KeeFox even further into the background.
- Supports multiple KeePass users (databases)
- Automatically filled forms can contain more than just a username and password field or even span across more than one page!
- “HTTP/protocol authentication” login support
- Automatically saves the “favicon” for websites to help you identify them next time you log in
One of the great benefits of KeeFox over similar password managers is the link to KeePass which allows you to manage more than just web site passwords in Firefox. For example, you could easily login to websites using Internet Explorer or to any Windows application, store PIN numbers, telephone access codes, WiFi access codes, credit card details, secret notes and even small documents alongside your website passwords.
You can access your passwords on many different platforms including Mac, iPhone, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Android and Linux. There are many useful plugins and simple ways to synchronise your passwords across multiple machines. Read full details about KeePass’ features on the official KeePass website.