KeeFox 0.8 Beta released
KeeFox 0.8 has been released!
Edit: 0.8.1 has been released with just one small bug fix. The download page now contains 0.8.1.
Main changes since 0.7
- Extra security layers
- Password generation from within Firefox
- A “getting started” tutorial (needs special entries in your password database)
- Lots of options to fine tune KeeFox behaviour with specific entries (albeit mostly through “advanced” strings rather than a pretty user interface, which will hopefully be coming in an experimental version soon after 0.8). For example:
- Allow opt-in/opt-out on an entry-by-entry basis for auto-fill and auto-submit
- Entries can be given priority weightings (use this feature to better manage sites where more than one matching entry is found)
- Logins listed alphabetically
- Entries without URLs are no longer displayed on the Logins toolbar menu
- New option to turn password save prompts off entirely
- New KeeFox Options Menu added to KeePass, including an option to not save the KeePass database automatically
- Right-clicking on a group in KeePass now offers the ability to restrict KeeFox to only entries within that group and its sub-groups (setting the option on the root group will reset it to default behaviour)
- NTLM dialog autofill support
This is the second Beta release of KeeFox. “Beta” means that this release is ready for wider testing by advanced KeePass users or other people with reasonable technical skills. While the majority of major features are complete, there are a number of important usability features that are incomplete and this may lead to confusion for less experienced users. I hope that KeeFox is simple enough that you will get by without documentation but I do intend to provide some before the 1.0 release and you can of course post your queries or comments in the forum.
Download KeeFox 0.8 here
All offers to help with items on the tracker are welcome. I would prefer it if we could concentrate on the items slated for the 0.9 and 1.0 release but that’s not a strict rule so just get in touch if you think you can help in any way. Some features may be dependant on other tasks being completed first (this is less likely for 0.9 and 1.0 features).
All changes since 0.7 can be found in the changelog