0.7 Beta released
KeeFox 0.7 has been released; this is the first Beta release of KeeFox. “Beta” means that this release is ready for wider testing by advanced KeePass users or other people with reasonable technical skills. While the majority of major features are complete, there are a number of important usability features that are incomplete and this may lead to confusion for less experienced users. I hope that KeeFox is simple enough that you will get by without documentation but I do intend to provide some before the 1.0 release and you can of course post your queries or comments in the forum.
All offers to help with items on the tracker are welcome. I would prefer it if we could concentrate on the items slated for the 0.8 release but that’s not a strict rule so just get in touch if you think you can help in any way. Some features may be dependant on other tasks being completed first (this is less likely for 0.8 features).
Download KeeFox 0.7 here
Key changes since 0.6
- Added support for multiple URL matches with one login - manually add an “Alternative URLs” advanced string to an existing KeePass entry to make it work
- Multiple page logins
- Multiple passwords per form
- Multiple other fields per form (text, radio, checkbox)
- HTTP(S) protocol and NTLM proxy authentication dialog boxes can be filled (no password saving yet - manually add a “Form HTTP realm” advanced string to an existing KeePass entry to make it work, and make sure the URL field is correct too)
- Form submissions now simulate a “click” on the form’s submit button (if one can be found)
- Added button to manually detect forms on the current page (useful on pages such as live.com)
- Favicons automatically added to KeePass entry when a new entry is saved
- KeePass icons now displayed alongside login and group titles
- Installer now looks pretty
- New icons
- Simplified and improved the text for some parts of the install process
- Delete from Firefox option removed due to interface imperfections - can’t risk confusion with something like this.
- Active database can be changed from within Firefox (choose from any of KeePass’ most recently used databases)
- Fixed several stability bugs
- KeeICE now uses the .plgx plugin format, permitting simpler upgrade procedures
All changes since 0.6 can be found in the changelog