You can now download version 0.9b from the development channel at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/keefox/
Users already subscribed to the development channel (i.e. running 0.8.22b at the moment) will be upgraded automatically.
You can easily swap back to 0.8.21 if you find a problem with 0.9 so please try it out and post in the forum if you do find any new issues.
Assuming a successful beta testing period, this version will be rolled out to all 0.8.21 users in a couple of weeks.
This version is suitable for widespread use but may still contain a few bugs.
This version has a few improvements to the features added in 0.8.22, updates the default version of KeePass to 2.16 and adds the first two (incomplete) translations:
The previously unannounced version 0.8.22 also changes:
- FIXED: Editing passwords with KeePassRPC GUI sometimes showed an empty password
- Master key entry dialog focuses correctly on all versions of Windows (most of the time)
- Improved form filling for some types of form
Note that earlier versions of Firefox 6 had a bug which prevented KeeFox from working. FF6b3+ should work fine, as should Firefox 7a*.
A full record of changes is available in the changelog as usual: http://keefox.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/keefox/trunk/Firefox%20addon/CHANGELOG.txt
Before releasing version 1.0 I will improve documentation / help, add as many translations as possible and of course fix any bugs that I can.
0.8.19 was released shortly after 0.8.17 in order to fix a few bugs that crept into version 0.8.17. All experimental users should upgrade to this new version.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Another release candidate candidate is available for download.
This version now works with websites that have HTML5 form elements, has more accurate HTTP Auth dialog entry matching, handles protected password fields correctly and works with password database paths that contain Unicode characters.
Please could all experimental version users upgrade to this version because:
1) You might not know if your form filling accuracy is affected by some of the bugs fixed in 0.8.17
2) It will help give me confidence to release 0.8.17 to the wider group of KeeFox users and stop having to write “release candidate candidate”
Please let me know what you think of the latest version!
A new experimental version is available at http://keefox.org/download/experimental-version. There are a couple of important bug fixes including one where some other parts of Firefox stopped working when KeeFox was installed so I recommend all users of 0.8.12-14 should upgrade. Users of 0.8.10 should not be affected by this bug.
The other improvements since 0.8.12 are:
- Improved password field matching
- HTTP Auth dialogs now respect global and site-specific “offer to save passwords” settings
This new version is a release candidate candidate. Please help to test it so that I do not have to say that too many times!
KeeFox is now “feature complete” as far as version 1.0 is concerned - there are still many features I want to add later in the year but for the next few months I will be concentrating on fixing bugs and ensuring that the documentation and help resources are up to scratch before the release of version 1.0. There may still be the occasional new feature but only if it’s a low-risk with a high benefit to the “average” user. Further details on future releases with new features will follow in the coming months but in the mean time please help me test this version so that I can have confidence in its suitability for a final release and hence get started on the “post 1.0” feature requests as soon as possible.
Key changes in this release (since 0.8.10) are:
- HTTP Auth dialogs now prompt to save passwords
- A few other HTTP Auth dialog improvements
- Setup process displays a warning to close KeePass if an existing KeePass installation is detected on the PC
- A few improvements to the insert process of KeeFox sample entries
- Improvements to the detection of which form fields should be filled in with which bits of KeePass data
- Fixed: older “Alternative URLs” did not always appear in the “URLs” tab in the “edit entry” KeePass entry tab
- Improvement to detection of matching entries: hostname matching is now case-insensitive